I just finished reading Lifted by Angels: The Presence and Power of Our Heavenly Guides and Guardians. This is hands down the most substantive book on angels I have ever read.
Joel Miller not only shows an understanding of the Biblical teaching on the subject (which, if you think about it, is rather minimal) but he also demonstrates a rich understanding of what the church has believed throughout the centuries. It is this latter aspect that sets this book apart.
Ultimately this book will awaken your imagination to the presence and role of these magnificent beings created to serve us. Miller puts it this way: “God sends his angels to live among us and lift our fallen humanity toward Christ.
Lifted by Angels explains:
- the role that angels play in the lives of people and in God’s plan of salvation
- the different ranks and functions of angels
- how Satan and his demons fell from grace and why they plague people
- the functions of guardian angels and how God assigns them to fit our personal needs
- how guardian angels help us resist evil, temptation, and the Devil
- the way angels join with us in our prayers, even adding their own to our own
- the service angels provide in worship
- the way angels accompany us when we pass from one world to the next in death
More Info. here: www.joelmiller.com